Tuesday, January 6, 2015

~A long wait~

I was going about the normal routine one week ago today, Tuesday, December 30. I was getting the daycare kids ready for lunch and the phone rang. Of course I answered it. It was a Social Worker. She was asking me if we would be willing to take in a very young child. A newborn! I was a bit shocked so didn't really ask any questions. I said yes. She told me she was going to be out of the office for a few days with the New Years holiday coming up. She informed me that when baby arrives we would get a phone call from a Social Worker or Supervisor on call.

Of course I got excited after hanging up the phone. Later that night I made a trip to Walmart to get a few things that we would need. I purchased a couple bottles, diapers, sleepers, onesies, and a carseat.

Since then we have been waiting. We have been trying to pass the time. We have been trying not to get too overly excited. We have baked cookies. We have cleaned the house, twice. We've worked on fleece tie blankets. We started watching dumb shows on Netflix. We've waited long enough.

I called yesterday around 9am and left a message with the Social Worker. I simply asked if I should still be waiting or if plans have changed. I haven't received a call back yet. I sure hope to hear something today. I like to have a plan and right now I feel like there is no plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment